Text DOCTOR to 70660 to donate £10 (plus network charge) to Doctors of the World UK. This is a quick and simple way for you to make a difference, with 100% of the donation coming straight to us. Please obtain bill payer’s permission.
Give As You Earn
If you are a UK taxpayer, Payroll Giving is a scheme which allows you to give a monthly donation to Doctors of the World directly from your gross salary.
Payroll Giving is a tax efficient way to give, so if you donate £10, only £8 comes from your salary and we claim back the rest from the Government. Please fill in this form to start contributing through your payroll.
In your daily life
There are plenty of non-financial ways of giving that enable us to deliver our vital work. For example:
- Giveacar – Giveacar will arrange free collection of your old car, then either sell it at auction or scrap it, with the proceeds raised coming to Doctors of the World UK
- ChariTable – Use this website or app everytime you book a table at your favourite restaurant and we can receive £1 per diner each time directly from the restaurant. All you need to do is select us as your charity of choice and enjoy your meal!
- Give as you live – Simply search and select us as your charity beneficiary then shop at thousands of retailers online, including M&S, John Lewis and Amazon. When you make your purchases, the retailer will donate a percentage straight to us.
Take part in a challenge
There are plenty of simple and creative ways you can use your talents, get together with friends or even use your daily routine to fundraise. Here’s a few ideas to get you started.
Leave a gift in your will
A gift in your will can change the future and help us work towards a world where no-one suffers or dies because they don’t have access to medical care. Your kindness will ensure that future generations of doctors can reach vulnerable people, wherever they are in the world.
For many, leaving a legacy is an opportunity to give major support to a charity and makes a huge difference to the lives of many people.
There is no obligation and your conversation will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Make a major gift
If you are thinking about making a major gift, we want to hear from you. We understand that making the choice to give a major gift is an investment and we will work with you to make sure your funding makes the biggest possible impact. We will ensure your funds are spent how you want them to be and give you regular updates on the impact of your donation.
We will also offer you the opportunity to see the difference that your kindness has made on the lives on vulnerable people, through visits to our services and the chance to read regular case studies and stories from our service users and volunteers.
Your generosity lets us:
- Provide medical care where it’s needed most.
- Run projects we would otherwise be unable to fund.
- Act fast in an emergency.
- Advocate for change.
- Train local health professionals and strengthen healthcare systems.
What we offer you:
- Bespoke reporting and ongoing updates.
- A staff member who will work with you, so your donation can be used in the most impactful way.
- The opportunity for field visits.
- Invitations to exclusive events where you have the chance to meet like-minded supporters and operational staff.