If you’re having problems getting healthcare our team can give you free and confidential support – whatever your immigration status and where you live in the UK
If you feel unwell you should visit your GP,
or in an emergency go to A+E or call 999
We can help you to:
- Understand your rights to access healthcare
- Speak with a doctor and a nurse (if you are not already registered with a GP)
- Register with a GP
- Access specialist services
- Get free prescriptions, eye tests and dental care
- Have screening for HIV and STIs
- Access family planning.
Women and Children’s clinic
At our women and children’s service we can help you to:
- Be seen in a women only clinic space
- Be referred for antenatal care
- Check everything is okay with your pregnancy
- If under 18 and new to the country, to have a full health assessment
- Pay for reasonable transport costs for getting to our clinic.
We have our main clinic and also some pop-up clinics in different parts of London. If you are coming from far away please call our advice line before travelling. We can also book an appointment for you.
Appointments are between 11am and 2pm and we operate a limited drop-in on the first day on a “first come, first served” basis. Once the list is full we’re unable to see more people. To book an appointment on one of these days, please call our advice line.
You can find our London clinic at:
Doctors of the World Clinic
The People’s Place
80-92 High Street
When to come
Monday – drop in* and limited appointments
Tuesday – Women and Children’s clinic
Wednesday – drop in* and limited appointments
Thursday – appointment only
Friday – drop in* and limited appointments
The drop-in session begins at 9.30am. The first person seen at 12.15pm. Appointments are given on a ﬁrst come ﬁrst served basis – once the list is full we’re unable to see more people.
Please be aware you may have to wait a while before being seen.
To book an appointment, please call our freephone advice line.
Doctors of the World UK is regulated by the Care Quality Commission. The service was last inspected in February 2018 and was found to be Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive, and Well-led. The complete report can be found here.