Doctors of the World’s supporters are incredibly important to the work we do. Every donation, big or small, makes a difference. Without your support, we would not be able to help vulnerable people in the UK and abroad to access vital healthcare services.
- Your information will be treated in a safe, secure and confidential manner at Doctors of the World.
- If you express you want to be contacted in a certain way, we will make sure that your wishes are kept.
- We will be clear about who we are and the work we do.
- We commit to be honest and transparent at all times, and to be accountable to our supporters, our staff, our partners and the people we help through our programmes. You can find more information on where your money goes here.
- We will keep you updated with how your donation has supported our work, if you have agreed to let us keep in touch.
- We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and adhere to their Code of Fundraising Practice, and we make sure that all fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds do so as well.
How we fundraise
Doctors of the World raises funds from individuals in many ways: such as through email, telephone, mail, events and SMS. Sometimes we employ external agencies to fundraise on our behalf, to help us reach a wider audience and when it is cost-effective for us.
If you have any query about our fundraising at all, please call our Fundraising Team on 020 7167 5789 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sometimes use the telephone to engage better with our supporters. We use it to welcome new donors and thank them for supporting us. We also use it to raise funds for our programmes.
We will contact you on the phone only if you have given your consent to be contacted.
If we have asked for a donation or an increase of your regular gift, and before they confirm your gift, our fundraisers will tell you if they are engaged by an agency, how much the agency will be paid and how much Doctors of the World expects to raise from the campaign.
Feedback and Complaints
If you have any concerns about the way we fundraise or the conduct of someone representing Doctors of the World, we will take your complaint seriously and act quickly to address the issue. Our complaints procedure can be found here.
Please contact our fundraising team on 020 7167 5789 or email: email@example.com.