Health groups appeal European Patent Office decision to uphold Gilead’s patent on hepatitis C drug
Six organisations have just appealed the European Patent Office’s September decision to uphold US pharmaceutical corporation Gilead Science’s patent on the key hepatitis C drug sofosbuvir. The appeal comes exactly five years after sofosbuvir was first approved for use.
- Joint INGO Statement Welcoming The Upcoming Consultations In Sweden
- Doctors of the World has been chosen by The BMJ for its Christmas appeal
- A call for peace in Yemen
- Doctor Mukwege wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Doctors of the World Launch Global Clinic
- Civil Society Groups Call for End to Gilead’s Hepatitis C Drug Monopoly in Europe
- Forgetting The Atrocities We Experienced Is Impossible
- Inside View from a Safe Surgery: “Our concern is more with the patients we aren’t seeing”
UK’s human rights regulator calls for “clear separation” between immigration policies and healthcare
Drawing on research by Doctor of the World and Imperial College London, the Equality and Human Rights Commission called on the Government to stop sharing NHS patient data and to end the policy of charging refused asylum seekers exorbitantly high costs.